How old should my daughter be before I paint her toenails?

My daughter will be 11 monhts old on the 7th of July and she does put her toes in her mouth.

pcricket1008

Asked by pcricket1008 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in General Parenting

• To be honest I wouldn't do it... If she can still pull her feet to her mouth and bite her toes that wouldn't be good..
    kerrysmom

Answer by kerrysmom at 7:08 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I started painting my daughter's toenails after she turned 1. Really, I don't think it matters...considering there are people that pierce their poor little ears.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I don't think there is really a set age it is up to you as a parent. I work at a preschool and a lot of the 3 and 4 year girls have their fingernails and toenails painted. My daughter is 2 but I don't plan to do hers until she is at least 5 or 6.
    ckramer

Answer by ckramer at 6:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Ali is 8 months right now i painted them at 4 months maybe 5
    kimberlyp552002

Answer by kimberlyp552002 at 7:20 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Wait until she doesn't eat her toes anymore... just in case.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 8:03 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Yep, I'm with the other ladies - as soon as she doesn't put her toes and fingers in her mouth, you're good to go.
    MomToMags

Answer by MomToMags at 9:02 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• i wouldn't do it at all not even for myself your nails are one of the most absorbent parts of your body and even the non toxic is toxic is very unhealthy and i wouldn't want to expose my baby to anything unhealthy or me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I would wait until she asks for it to be done.
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 6:06 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I would wait until my daughter expressed interest. Even then I would still use the least toxic polish I could find (such as Honeybee Gardens or Suncoat) because even older kids lick food off their fingers, etc. Heck, even grown women still do it sometimes! lol
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 7:54 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• My daughter started noticing mine and asking for hers to be done just after she turned 2. We've had no issues!
    mc0504

Answer by mc0504 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 25, 2008