Why do people want to make abortion illegal? It is going to happen whether it's illegal or not you know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Abortion is murder. Murder is illegal. Murder happens, even though it's illegal.

Questioned answered.
    Anonymous

• But people think that that's the answer, just making it illegal and it will stop happening.
    Anonymous

• LOL...I like the first Anons answer. Soo by your way of thinking theft, murder, kidnapping, child molestation, ect., ect........should just go ahead and be legal b/c people are doing it anyway? Whether you agree w/ abortion or not THIS is a flawed argument.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Yes but it doesn't mean we have to support deviant behavior. If you don't want a baby have an IUD they are good for ten years, or give your child up for adoption. Or better yet if your a loose woman get your tubes tied. If we can spade a bitch, or neuter a male dog, why not do it to woman that aren't fit to raise a kid, or plain don't want to deal with it.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 8:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Glickstein Yes but it doesn't mean we have to support deviant behavior. If you don't want a baby have an IUD they are good for ten years, or give your child up for adoption. Or better yet if your a loose woman get your tubes tied. If we can spade a bitch, or neuter a male dog, why not do it to woman that aren't fit to raise a kid, or plain don't want to deal with it.

Was I behaving in a deviant way when I was a child being raped and made pregnant? No, I wasn't on birth control, IUD as you'd have it. Why would a child be on birth control? Was I loose? I probably hadn't even heard that term yet.

EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Crime happens and it's illegal. The law provides consequences as a deterrent, it doesn't magically turn everyone into angels.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:35 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Hey op try this argument. You are dead when your heart STOPS beating. So, wouldn't you then consider life to start when the heart STARTS beating? I saw my babies HB's at 6 weeks. So an abortion past this point, whoever's "choice" this is is killing a life.

Anonymous

• Most doctors will not tie a woman's tubes until she has 3 children or she is at least 25 years old. As to abortion, it is legal and no one is going to make it illegal. Women have been doing one form or another of abortion since before recorded history.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 8:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I agree with the first Anon's answer. Abortion is murder. Murder is illegal, and happens whether or not it's illegal. You say that abortions will occur regardless. So will other crimes.

We want abortion to be made illegal to reduce the number of abortions performed. We want to save human lives.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 8:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• But people think that that's the answer, just making it illegal and it will stop happening

Kind of like the loons who think guns should be banned isn't it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:41 PM on Jun. 16, 2009