should i see my ob-gyn

lately when i stand up i get light headed and have to sit back down and just today i got light headed and had blerd vision and momentery defness and a raceing heart beat is this a vary bad thing i am 5months preg or should i blow it off as nothing

whitewolfmother

Asked by whitewolfmother at 8:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• id say ur more than likely fine i do this all the time it can be from the baby pushing on ur lungs or a nerve lower down, and it could be ur blood pressure.
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 8:43 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• where do you live? i ask b/c if it is hot and you are getting overheated it may be that. otherwise, when you get dizzy try to drink some water and eat a small snack, that usually worked for me when i felt light headed. if that doesn't work and its a constant thing, i would call the doctor there could be all kinds of things in pregnancy that can cause that to happen, from blood pressure, to sugar levels to who knows what else. so i would call them if getting out of heat, eating and drinking doesn't help
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:43 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• oh try gettin up slower because it does sound like ur bp dropped real quick from gettin up..
    eSnA2008

• When is your next appt? I would def tell Dr about it. So call the OBGYN nurse. She may need to check your blood pressure. GL
    Prob not major so don't stress, but can't be too careful
    Anonymous

• a lot of times you get light headed or nauseus if you've been sitting/laying for a long period of time. try to eat some crackers or drink water before getting up. it's also possible that your blood pressure is high. you should be ok, but i'd mention it to your dr the next time you go in
    amberwriteslove

Answer by amberwriteslove at 8:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• diabetes is always a question during pregnancy as well as anemia. I would at least make a call to the doctor and explain your symptoms and from there decide if you need to be sooner than your next appt.
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I had the same prob when I was pregnant and it turned out I was anemic.. I would definately mention it to your DR and they can run more blood tests. They do check for anemia at the beginning of pregnancy and again when you're in the hospital after birth, but A LOT of times anemia starts sometime in the middle..which was my case. So mention the symptoms and the DR can determine whether it calls for further testing, or maybe just blood pressure like the PP mentioned. GL and NEVER hesitate to call your DR or nurse about ANYTHING, even if you think it's stupid b/c it's better to be safe than sorry! CONGRATS mama =)
    MadisonsMom0408

Answer by MadisonsMom0408 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Are you eating often? When I was 5 months with 3 of my babies that happened to me, it was low blood sugar and I just needed to snack. Ask your dr.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• sounds like low blood sugar or low blood pressure. Def mention it to your ob next time
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 9:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2009