Do you think a woman's place is in the kitchen?

And do you think it's 'woman's work' to clean house and care for children?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 8:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL No. Not at all. My husband actually does most of the housework and all of the cooking in our house. I do scratch him for an hour most nights he cooks a good meal. Women work just like men do so it should be a shared responsbility.
    Anonymous

• nope, that's the man's job...especially in the kitchen. lol. i'm kidding. but no i don't believe that. it should be all on the woman to clean the house, take care of the kids, cook, ect. a) it takes 2 (ok, a village for a 2 year old lol) to raise a child (not bashing single mom's, yall do hard work, i give you props). The woman is NOT the one that makes all the mess in the house, and a break from cooking is GREAT. even being a SAHM, all of that can get exhausting, and having your dh come home from work and even helping a little is great...and may benifit him in the end :)
    Anonymous

• No, I think a woman's work is different for every woman. Each is blessed with different gifts. I also think that women should also do what is in their hearts, or in other words, what makes them happy. Some women love to stay home with their children, and others love to work. Niether choice is wrong. I support each one for their individuality.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 8:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Nope. I don't care if I am home all day and dh is working all day he should still clean up after himself. I'm his wife not his mother or his maid. I don't mind cooking and cleaning but I don't clean the mess dh leaves next to his chair or his side of the bed. Besides if he doesn't clean up after himself it sets a bad example for the kids. He does his own laundry too, just something he's always done, I don't make him do it.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• No, i think once upon a time, things were suppose to be that way. But I feel that times are different, and times are getting harder, and it's so common that women be the soul provider or the coprovider for their families. Therefore, it's EVERYONE duty to help in the kitchen. Just because a man works an eight to ten hour shift at work, doesn't mean he gets to come home and put his feet up while getting tended to. Even if a woman stays home, it's hard work, and a man should be able to help with the children, do a load of dishes, a load of laundry, etc.
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 8:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I stay home and I do it all but if I had to work outside of the home he'd do some to help.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• are we in the 50s still? lets do the time warp again!

this was how it used to be, all the shows had moms at home, in the kitchen always baking something with those cute little apron wannabes. there is no one "woman's place" we go wherever we damn want to!
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• If she likes the kitchen than that is one of her places LOL.

I think to each their own. If a woman likes doing all those things w/o much if any help then so be it.

I do think some still think it is no ifs, ands, nor buts about it but I think it depends on the couple and how they've distributed their responsibilities.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Yes...lol

In the kitchen and in the bedroom!!!

Anonymous

• Nope. We talked about this in my Developmental Psych class today. The instructor asked us if any of the women would even date someone that didn't know how to cook or clean. The consensus was NO. If a man cannot cook or clean up after himself, I would rather stay single. I already have a child and don't want another one. There needs to be compromise and sharing in any relationship. There is NO women's place or men's work.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2009