my stepsons mom wants to give custody to her mom . is there anything the dad can do about that

karen61938

Asked by karen61938 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would think so...as long as he is on the birth certificate.
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 9:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• even if hes not on the birth certificate have him start fighting for suctody now...my may give full to him since she thinks she is not good enough that she has to give him to her mom...
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 9:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• The other Birth Dad is the only one that can let the Birth Mom of the hook if you are talking about signing away rights. (there has to be someone willing to adopt in that case to replace the parent terminating rights). If you are talking about custody I think it may be handled differently. But, get a lawyer now. The best way to stop this is for Dad to get primary custody if he doesn't already have it if he does, sole legal custody, & get a lawyer NOW!
    Anonymous

• I assume your husband is the child's dad. As long as he hasn't signed away his rights or had all visitation stopped by the courts, I would think the courts would give him custody if he contested.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:21 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• yep he sure can as long as his life is right he can fight her in court
    lovejoy

Answer by lovejoy at 2:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2009