Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my stepsons mom wants to give custody to her mom . is there anything the dad can do about that

Answer Question

Asked by karen61938 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • I would think long as he is on the birth certificate.

    Answer by bridgeh2o at 9:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

  • even if hes not on the birth certificate have him start fighting for suctody may give full to him since she thinks she is not good enough that she has to give him to her mom...

    Answer by Dom123123 at 9:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

  • The other Birth Dad is the only one that can let the Birth Mom of the hook if you are talking about signing away rights. (there has to be someone willing to adopt in that case to replace the parent terminating rights). If you are talking about custody I think it may be handled differently. But, get a lawyer now. The best way to stop this is for Dad to get primary custody if he doesn't already have it if he does, sole legal custody, & get a lawyer NOW!

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

  • I assume your husband is the child's dad. As long as he hasn't signed away his rights or had all visitation stopped by the courts, I would think the courts would give him custody if he contested.

    Answer by kaycee14 at 12:21 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

  • yep he sure can as long as his life is right he can fight her in court

    Answer by lovejoy at 2:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.