What is your 10 month old doing? Eating? Saying? Just in general!

I just want to know if my 10 month old son is up to parr. I am sure he is but you know how us moms are!

caydensmommy819

Asked by caydensmommy819 at 8:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, my youngest is just over 9 months, but since no one has responded yet... She's crawling fast, pulling up (but not cruising), she's standing flat on her feet (but doesn't let go yet), she makes tons of sounds with her mouth (blowing raspberries, sputtering, lots of strange, indescribable sounds!), saying dadadada, babababa, "ow" (her older sister taught her that), mamamama, dododo, etc. If I ask her where her dad, her sister, etc. is, she will look for them. She mimics the sounds I make (if she can do them), is starting to pay a little more attention to books, and is playing really well on her own, discovering all the properties of a toy before moving on to the next one (my older was never this patient). That's my baby -- they're all so different! Having two girls 15 months apart has certainly taught me that!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• My son just turned 11 months and he crawls quickly, pulls to standing on everything and everyone, just started cruising on furniture. He says mama, dada, caaa (for cat), daw (for dog) and lots of baby babble. He eats basically what ever we eat. He is very good at entertaining himself on most days, although he still loves interaction from everybody.
    logansmommy711

Answer by logansmommy711 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I do not remember because mine are older now but There is a book that I found at Walmart about the first year of life and what they should be doing. Now that mine is a toddler I even got the one on toddlers.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Mine doesn't do much of the physical stuff. He won't crawl or feed himself a bottle or pull up on his own. If I get his hands and tug a little he will pull to stand, and he feeds himself cheerios just not a bottle. When he talks it's kind of like abogdablandbo, a bunch of sounds all mushed together. He tries to bark like a dog and knows to be gentle when petting animals. He shares... binky, food, toys, he tries to feed me and give me his bink in my mouth and hands his toys to his cousin to share. He likes to play with his cousin's toy cars and drive them across the floor.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 12:27 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My 10 month old is pulling up on EVERYTHING and crawling really fast. He can stand on his own for 5 seconds or so before he falls. Not really talking much, but when the dog barks he says d-d-d-d. He can eat non-slimy finger food by himself, couldn't care less about books (though I keep trying) and loves dog toys more than his own. He likes to share and loves brushing his teeth. Tug o war is his favorite game. I keep trying to teach him to clap but he doesn't care. His pedi mentioned at his 9 month checkup that he would start doing that pretty soon, but so far he hasn't.
    msmisty0815

Answer by msmisty0815 at 1:48 AM on Jun. 18, 2009