How long after being induced did you birth your baby?

If I don't have my baby in the next two weeks, I am being induced on my 39th week, by pitocin and breaking my water. My doc said it would take 12 hours or less. Has this been your experience?

ashleybgarcia

Asked by ashleybgarcia at 9:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was induced the same way with my fourth child. Once all was said and done he was here in 4 hours. So it was not so bad, but the contractions can be harder from the beginning!
    HallBunch

Answer by HallBunch at 9:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• thanks!
    ashleybgarcia

Answer by ashleybgarcia at 9:25 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• firs one 13 hours second 1 hours
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 9:26 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I was induced with both pregnancies. My first I went in at 6am and had him at 6:19pm
    my 2nd I went in at 9am and had her at 5:20pm
    Good Luck & Congrats!
    sailfishmommy

Answer by sailfishmommy at 9:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I was induced for all mine, and from the time they started the pit for my first child, it took almost 24hrs til she was born, and for another from the time they started the pit 14-15hrs later THE END!!
    Hopefully yours will be much faster.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 9:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Ha!! mine was 30 hours! Ended with a c-section.

Hope you have better luck than I did!
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 9:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I SO regretted letting them induce me! I thought it would cause labor to be shorter and I'd have a baby in a few hours! 27 hours later i was exhausted, begging for pain meds( recieved epideral after dialating to 7-8 )) and finally gave birth to my daughter. REMEMBER --ALL PREGANACIES AND DELIVERIES ARE DIFFERENT.Your experience will most likely be completely different from mine.

Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 10:02 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• 3 hours with my first and 2 1/2 hours with my 2nd! Good Luck
    jridgill

Answer by jridgill at 10:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• With #1 I was in labor for 7 hours and 15 minutes from the time pitocin was started until baby was out...#2 was 6 hours and 45 minutes.

I was induced with Cytotec with my third. I was 18 weeks pregnant and he has suffered heart failure and died. I labored for 10 hours.
    Anonymous

• anon, i am sorry to hear about your son. thanks for your reply.
    ashleybgarcia

Answer by ashleybgarcia at 10:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2009