What is your interest in insisting that all Democrats worship Obama like a god?

As a Dem, I am often accused of agreeing with everything Obama does, and voting for him because I thought he was my "savior." I find this gets in the way of any real discussions! People that like to spew those phrases, why do you accuse people of thinking like that when most so obviously don't?

stacymomof2

Asked by stacymomof2 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My opinion is that the people that say this are more interested in insulting and dismissing people than having a true discussion about issues. It is certainly easier than knowing the issues, hmmm?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I don't think I have.
    Anonymous

• I've noticed that as well. While I didn't even vote for President Obama if I even make statement that slightly agrees with something President Obama has done I've been called a Kool Aid drinker and no matter how many times I point out that I didn't vote for him or agree with everything he does it falls on deaf ears. To some anything you say or think of the president you're considered a sheep that is defending all his actions and it's just not true.

Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Their issue os to degrade people who don't believe as they do. Same with the kool-aid references.
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Of course probably no one will admit to doing it! lol
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I can't stand that Kool Aid is getting such a negative rep, it's soooo yummy in my tummy. I just had 2 glasses with my dinner.

But seriously, I realize that President Obama is an imperfect human being; in other words he's flawed each and every day he takes in air. I worship no one but Jehovah. I highly esteem some people but President Obama isn't even one who I highly esteem. I respect him and his position.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I think it goes both ways.. if you admit you do not like something he has done the "R" word is thrown around..

I think you should be able to agree and disagree with Obama without being called names or being told "you drank the kool-aid"
    Anonymous

I have never accused someone of being a racist for disagreeing with president Obama's political platform...However, there ARE instances where race does play an ugly part.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• some people are just very hateful and insulting others make them feel better about themselves. must have very miserable life. you know misery loves company
    Anonymous

• It could be those whack jobs who said "I no longer have to worry about putting gas in my car" and "if I take care of him, he'll take care of me" that did it. Many supporters tend to feel that he's the second coming of Christ. And they get highly publicized for it.

It's sorta the same way people accuse conservatives of being "gun toting, bible thumping, clinging to their religion" (Said by Obama, by the way). We don't like that, either.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 10:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2009