When do you normally get find out your schedualed c section date?

This is my first c section, didnt have one with my daughter so im wondering when do you normally ask or find out the day. My baby is not due till october 6 but ive been reading they usually do it 2-3 weeks before you due date to prevent labor from starting.

I have a full placenta previa and my dd was born 1 week early so i dunno if that will affect when i may be scheduled for one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my due date is august 30th, c-section date august 21st....i found out around 20 weeks....
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 10:00 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Just ask. Sometimes things like that just slip the Dr's mind when it's months away. They're more focused on the here & now.

I knew months in advance.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:02 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• my doc wouldn't schedule til i was 37 weeks. and then they only did it at 39 weeks and that was w/an early ultrasound. they said if i hadn't had an ultrasound in the first trimester they would have done it in the 40th week, and if i'd have gone into labor before then they still would have done a c-section, so labor starting shouldn't prevent you from having one.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:06 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• usually they wont do it more than 1 week from your original due date, and you should find out around 20 weeks or so.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2009