traveling with infant to europa

We are going to Europa in august(Hungary,Budapest) my birth place.
My daughter will be almost 11 months when we lieve.I do not really know about how to get ready for this trip.
Anybody who had experience with this situation?What to take ?on the airplane?
Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Travel

• I moved to Italy (married to an army man) with my 2 yr old, by myself. If at all possible try to leave where you would be flying during her bedtime. snacks in small baggies. not a big snack at once, but like a handful at a time, that way it will keep her occupied longer,. Toys that dont make noise, dont want to bother other passengers. a favorite blankie or stuffed toy. I also bought my son a few new toys so they kept his attention longer since he had never seen them before. if you can afford it buy her her own seat, thats a long flight to have her on your lap. also if your traveling with your SO book seats seperatly, half way through you can switch with eachother and both get a little rest if she is fussy.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:01 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Food, diapers and a few toys is all that you should need for the flight.  Call the airline, you should be able to book a travel cot for your baby.

You can take a stroller up to the boarding gate but then it is tagged and put in the baggage hold.  You will also be amongst the first to board and disembark.

Feed your baby during take off and landing to keep her ears popping or else the pressure buildup will be very painful.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:28 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• cont. dont forget her passport!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:02 AM on Jun. 17, 2009