Do u ever want to CHOKE your child?

Like literally, choke the shit out of them?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• kick them in the butt yes, but choke them, so far no. but i just grin and bear it lol
    Anonymous

• I would never actually do it, but yeah. I think I just get to the point where I can't handle the separation anxiety she has when I leave the room for 2 seconds and it stresses me out while I am trying to get stuff done.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• well, no...sometimes I get really frustrated, but I don't want to choke my son!! Holy moly!!
    SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 9:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• o hell yes i do at times but then i rember how quiet my life would be with out her hetic butt around...lol
    Anonymous

• I get that feeling once a month and I totally blame it on my period. It makes me crazy. When I think about what they actually did, it really wasn't choke worthy.
    rubyemma775

Answer by rubyemma775 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• yes! Would I ever NO! But there have been days.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I am pregnant with 3 in the house right now. My oldest is 11 and knows how to make me think like that.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Choke? No. Now, slap my hand over his mouth and hold it there, slap him in the face when he screams, or lock him in his room for an hour, sometimes. Not that I DO it, of course, but yes, I think it on the rare occasion. When he was an infant, with untreated GERD, I REALLY understood shaking, because it doesn't inherently feel VIOLENT - it just feels like a tension release.

All moms sometimes will get some kind of urge to hit, slap, beat their child. The important thing is that you do NOT do it... and also, for new moms, if you find yourself thinking about it A LOT, get checked out for Postpartum Psycosis (also known as PPP).

RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 11:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I have an almost 13 year old and I want to choke him all the time. There are times where I just want to shake the crap out of him and make his brain work again. I would NEVER do anything like that but sometimes I do feel that way. ALL parents feel that way at times, it's a matter of the majority do NOT act on those feelings. It doesn't make you a bad parent, it makes you a realistic parent. When you feel that way, put yourself in a time out, walk away until you calm down or the feeling goes away.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• My daughter is only ten months old so maybe I just don't understand the insanity yet. But maybe one day. I hope I can keep my cool better than you ladies though holy hannah! shes even cutting 5 teeth and crying non stop and I just want to hold her and comfort her! Never have I thought ANY violent actions towards her!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jun. 17, 2009