Would you whistle blow?

If you knew that upper management was involved in something that violated your Code of Ethics/SOX, would you report them to Corporate?

SOX for those who may not know was created thanks to that great company called ENRON. It basically will not allow to go on with theft/inside trading etc.... within Corporations.

Second part of the questions is...would you report it anonymously or out in the open knowing that the Code of Ethics/SOX prohibits retaliation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yep especially in todays economy when we are struggling and they are stealing.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 10:06 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Hell yeah I would report it. I would probably do it anonymously though because no matter what rules say, they can find a way around them and retaliate, especially if they don't get that much trouble.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 10:17 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• SOX violations are serious; if this is a public company, definitely contact the SEC. I would report it anonymously.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:37 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Yes I would and anonymously. Just be sure to give enough information that Corporate has something concrete to investigate. If you are too vague, they may not find what they are looking for and because you were anonymous they couldn't come back and ask you for more info.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2009