How to get fruit stains out of bright colored clothes?

CarterAllensMom

Asked by CarterAllensMom at 9:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• for berries (works for strawberries) spray with a stain remover, than set the washer on presoak and use oxyclean, but you have to get to it right away or else you'll still slightly see the stain
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:03 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I do this for all stains in clothes, carped, rugs, upholstery pour peroxide on the stain then sprinkle BOROX on it and let it set in. Then wash it out in the washer. Works great when the animals pee on the carpet also!!!
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 10:03 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• not all stain sprays are the same!! I tried a ton and the one I feel works best is Sray N Wash Max with resovle and it got strawberries out of a white lacey top and red bottoms. I just sprayed it on, left if for a few minutes, did it again and the washed it in a normal load! Simple and effective :)
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 10:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I use oxyclean on all of our clothes. my dd's clothes always look new. I love the stuff. my dh's work clothes always have oil and other grime on them and they come clean to. If I don't wash everything right away I just let it soak for a while and everything comes out clean.
    mistynkennedy

Answer by mistynkennedy at 11:10 AM on Jun. 17, 2009