Why am I lost?

Christians call us non-believers lost. Who said we were lost? Many of us have been Christians at one point or another. We CHOSE to walk away from that faith. How can you be lost if you simply chose to take another path?
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 9:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because as a Christian, you are "lost" in the spirit from turning your eyes away from God.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 10:01 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• As long as you got your compass I don't see how you can be.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:02 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• what kscmbz said. now, i'm trying to figure out what your default pic is. what is it? sorry, i'm curous
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Because you have not been found
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 10:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• You mean my avatar, armywife43? That is a set of vampire lips painted black and red. Can you tell I am a vampire fan? lol
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• yeah. ok that's what i thought, i just wasn't sure...lol
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I tried to sort of explain this in an earlier thread discussing children and loving thy neighbor. In my best effort it is kind of like this. You once belonged to the fellowship of believers and now you don't. So that fellowship those people had with you is now gone and so you are "lost" or no longer are a part of that group. There is a longing on the part of believers to be reunited with those they once had fellowship with and there is a sadness that the fellowship with you has been lost. Sort of like the prodigal son who was "lost" to the Father when he left and then his return was greatly celebrated.
    Anonymous

• I understand that you are frustrated because it sounds kinda condescending. I would say that it doesn't mean you are lost in the sense of a child getting lost. Like you said, you walked away. You made the choice.

The Bible says nonbelievers are lost in the sense that you will lose your soul. Jesus says, "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and is himself destroyed or lost?" Luke 9:29.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 10:16 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• you are lost in the world if you are not with the Lord.. God does give us free will its up to us to believe in him or not. And its either heaven or hell bottom line..
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• thanks Cinnamon-mom i was looking for that verse
    Luke 9:29
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2009