for mommies who chose not to find the sex of their babies before delivery

How could you handle the wait? I would have gone crazy! And what was it like to wait the entire 9 months and finally find out what you were having??

I found out as soon as I could and I'm so glad I did but the next time I have a baby I am thinking about letting it be a surprise! :D

javila

Asked by javila at 10:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• We did not find out with either of our two children and we won't with this one either. We loved being surprised in the delivery room...it was like an extra bonus at the end of labor! The wait didn't bother me, I didn't really think about it. I kind of had a hunch with both what they were anyway. I don't know how but I just had a feeling I knew what they were!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• We didn't want to know before the birth, to me its one of life's last few true surprises. With my first i "knew" it was a boy from the start but with my second i never was convinced she was either gender. Its awesome to find it out at birth!
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 8:42 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I always thought that I would find out, but my hubby really did not want to, so I figured, why not wait and be surprised! It was actually kinda fun not knowing, and you get to pick out girl and boy names, which is also fun! Plus people are always so surprised when you tell them you are not finding out. lol. I had 6 sonograms while I was pregnant due to some issues, and it was a little difficult to not ask, especially when I had one at 37 weeks, my hubby wasn't there and when I asked her if she could tell what it was she said yes. I'm glad I stayed strong, though! My only suggestion would be not to get a lot of green/yellow clothes, as I kinda did (it was my first!) but when my son was born, I went out and bought a bunch of blue stuff anyway!
    carriemills

Answer by carriemills at 1:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I didn't find out with my first pregnancy and and am pregnant with my second child. Not knowing gave me more incentive to push at time of delivery.
    nicohle22

Answer by nicohle22 at 1:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2009