For anyone who lives in or has been to Denver, CO

I leave next week to go spend 2 weeks in Denver with my friend. Were going to the zoo, aquarium, and children's museum, but I was wondering if anyone knows of other kid friendly places to visit that are relatively inexpensive. We may be going camping up in the mountains for a few days, but any other suggestions of fun things to do with a 3.5 year old active boy?

ba13ygrl1987

Asked by ba13ygrl1987 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Travel

• What I can tell you is pace yourself the 1st few days (high altitude) and drink plenty of water. There are quite a few parks to visit too that dont cost a thing. We also have a water park, but not sure of cost on this. Make sure and wear sunscreen too! Enjoy your time here as weather has been really nice.
    Anonymous

• yeah I know about that altitude thing... I have family there as well and went with my 2 younger brothers and dad when I was 12... the first thing us kids did when we got there was play tag cause we drove out there and couldn't wait to get out of the car and run. I ended up actually passing out about 5 minutes after we got there and ended up in the er because I couldn't catch my breathe. I also got 2nd degree sun burns all over my body so I'll def. remember the sunscreen. Thanks for the reminder though, I wouldn't want my son to go through what I did.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• They have the mint in Denver that you can check out it was free when i was there 2 months ago when i was greg's hospital for rehab not drugs for my wheel chair
    Anonymous