so im in labor and delivery right now

im 25 weeks and havin contractions...they didnt check my cervix or anything but im hooked up to the monitor for about 4 bours now and they just gave me atterax to relax my muscles and said i could leav in aboujt an hour...they are getting more frequent every day, do u think this is normal?they havent said aything to me yet...anyone else go through this? sry for the bad typing...im on my cell!

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 10:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ask all the questions you need answered while you're there. they can help you much more than anyone on here can. and they have a real medical background to back their answers, opposed to the subjective answers other moms on this website can give you. congratulations & i hope you a spectacular labor & birth experience!!
    Anonymous

• Definately not normal. If you're contracting at 25 wks, "a few hrs stay" in the hospital isn't even scratching the surface.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• are they going to put u on home meds as well? i started contracting at 16 weeks then it got worse when i hit 23 weeks, i was int he hospital and given turbetuline and started on nifedipine at home everyday, oh and strict bed rest., i still contract like crazy, ive started to slightly dilate and am 30% effaced now too but ive made it to 29 weeks!! i hope everything turns out ok mama, feel free to message me anytime this is my third baby and by far nothing like my other two babies.
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 11:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Make sure it's not a bladder infection. I had the same problem and it ended up being a bladder infection. I'd have them check your cervix too! make them. Tell them your staying till they do!
    Anonymous

• I don't know why that went on as amomymous sorry! but good luck honey I hope everything works out for the best and you and your baby are okay!
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 11:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2009