WHAT COULD BLOODY DISCHARGE FROM YOUR NIPPLES MEAN, WHEN YOUR YOUNGEST CHILD IS 19 YO?? (ASKING QUESTION FOR MY MOM)

I'm really worried! This has been going on for 2 months and she refuses to go to the doctor. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and what is was??

pamelajqs

Asked by pamelajqs at 10:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Health

• i think you should take her on a "lunch" trip and go to the doctors instead. i don't know what it could be, but from the above answer, it sounds like she should be seen soon. it would be terrible if she never went and it turned out to be cancer that progressed quickly while undiagnosed. my aunt is dealing w/ stage 1 breast cancer right now. she still has to do chemo & radiation therapy. her only symptom was an inverted nipple. who knew!?! so better safe than sorry.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 10:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Um I definitely don't think that is normal and she needs to get to a doctor right away! I don't want to scare you but blood coming from nipples could be a sign of breast cancer...
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Reddish-brown discharge from nipple

For several months I have had a reddish-brown discharge from my right nipple. I haven't seen a doctor yet, kind of scared, I guess. What could it be from? It can be from an intraductal papilloma of the breast, fibrocystic breast changes, mammary duct ectasia or a cancer of the breast. Most of the time it turns out to be an intraductal papilloma but that news should not delay you from seeing a doctor. That needs to be diagnosed right away because if it is a cancer (about 10% chance) it would be an early one that could possibly be treated without radical surgery.

Don't delay. Call your primary care physician's office today and tell them you are having a bloody discharge and you want to see whoever they recommend right away.
    Anonymous

• I googled and got that answer by the way
    Anonymous

• call her dr and see what they say. If they say come in then make the appt and tell her what's up. Tell her it might be a simple fixable thing if she gets it fixed NOW but might be something bad if she waits. We old folks get scared easily but most times it is something that if treated immediately can be fixed before it turns into something worse.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2009