best friend

my best friend became a dad three days ago and i cannt go see the baby because his girlfriend is psycho and now he wont talk to me because his girlfriend says that he cannt e-mail me because he has to spend all his time with her and the baby and i get wanting to spend time with the boyfriend but i dont get why he cannt reply to one of the messages i send to him asking how the baby and she is....has anyone else ever had a problem like this or similar???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• Well my best friend prior to my SO...I have been best friends with him since middle school. After I became pregnant with my DD, my SO forbid me to see or talk to him...so I have been through it just on the opposite side of the spectrum. When I was in labor, my best friend found out, and he showed up....and my SO asked him to leave! I still talk to him I just have to sneak around to do so, which I really hate. He is no threat to my relationship, HE IS GAY...
    Anonymous

• Maybe she's insecure and thinks your hot and that makes her jelouse of you and thinks he might leave her for you. does that make sense???
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 10:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• yea mine is the same way only straight but cannt talk to him because my boyfriend and NOW his girlfriend like she didnt care about me talking to him before but now i cannt even check on him or the baby he e-mailed to see how my DD was doing after hitting her head becasue she fell off the couchthen i havent herd from him since....im the person with the question
    Anonymous

• it makes sense but doesnt because she use to be fine with it up until sh had the baby....im the person with the question
    Anonymous

• Maybe she is just feeling like he is getting something from you which she can't give him...or something along those lines. Women are very insecure in their relationships. They don't understand how their man can be "friends" with another woman other than herself!

Maybe he talks to you more than he talks to her, and she doesn't understand that.
    Anonymous

• She just had a baby.... let her get use to it for a while and try again in a week or so. Who among us can not say we weren't a little wacky after we had a baby. Keep the drama low and don't escalate it.
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Give them their space. If he really was concerned about talking to you, he would do it, so right now i think he's had a lot going on, his whole life just changed. Just give it time, seriously, but if talking to you causes a problem for his girlfriend and his newborn, than maybe in his life, it might be easier to just not talk to you so he can have his family. Either way, he'll talk to you when he wants to, regardless of what someone says. So don't blame her because he's not e-mailing or calling, it's his choice.
    princessj05

Answer by princessj05 at 11:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Well the fact that you are calling her psycho leads me to believe that there is more history there than you are letting on. In addition, it is her child and she has every right to control who comes to see that baby in the hospital. Put yourself in her shoes. Would you want someone who you were uncomfortable with for whatever reason coming up to your hospital room and holding your brand new baby?
    If you are truly his friend than you need to respect the position that he is in. The first days of being a parent are hectic enough without trying to deal with that kind of drama. Give it a couple of weeks, and let him settle into his new life as a daddy.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 11:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• If your best friend was a female wouldn't you think she should spend time with her mate and new baby during this bonding period? This sounds like it goes beyond best friend status. Maybe you should step back and analyze your friendship.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:11 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• i let e cm ee my daughter in the hospital that is whe we met because she wouldnt let him come unless she did so i told him that she could and it went just fine and she held the baby and everything its not like i wanted to go see the baby in the hospital because i ddnt becasue they were all the way in grand rapids but i wanted to make sure that they were doing alright and they were healthy because the baby was a premie
    Anonymous