Shouldn't I be happy?

I think he has finally given up on trying to contact me since I stopped talking to him. He tried for 8 days, he tried e-mailing and calling but I didn't give in by answering or replying.

I thought that this would make me happy, to finally have him out of my life but I feel like crying for the first time since I let him go.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• it's hard..it's even hard to get over someone you know isn't good for you...it's just plain out hard.
    cry...it will help you cope. give yourself time...time is very essential to healing. and in the mean time, try to focus on what's really important to you in your life...the things that make you truely happy.

good luck to you Momma...you'll be okay in the end... =]]
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• just remember, there is a reason you let him go..its probably still there, and not likely to change. stay strong..or put up with whatever the problem was in the first place. dry those tears, honey..no one but yourself can make you happy. meaning, you can't rely on another person to be that sole source of happiness/completeness/etc. you may be feeling lonely, so get out and do stuff with friends, or find new ones. once you can say you are happy being alone (without a man like the one you got rid of), you'll be open to a new man who will be different, because he'll see a strong and confident woman.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I don't know this guy and I don't know what your relationship was like but I can tell you that I know exactly where you are at. And I'm sorry that you are in that place. It's no fun. To answer your question. YES. You should be happy. I broke up with my first love just recently. 2 months ago. I thought that that was what I wanted. And was happy for the first like 2 weeks. Then I had a break down. Why? Because he stopped calling me for like a week... even though didn't answer his calls. I thought he was over it... until he called again. You need to stop stressing about it. If he calls then he calls... if he doesn't well then... he doesn't.. You need to start thinking about you again. I finally reached a point that I was like... well F*UCK it. I don't care. Stop caring about every other person. Start caring about you... .I hope it all works out. :)
    keb7

Answer by keb7 at 11:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• go ahead and cry,
    you will be happy....
    just give it time.
    trying2survive

Answer by trying2survive at 11:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• if that i what you decided then i think in the long run you will be happy. it just kinda sucks right now.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• it took time to get emotionally attached. It will take time to emotionally detach. If this is the women with the alcoholic bf, he'll lay low for a while then try again. They always do. He will continue to bombard you and suck you back into his world. Stay strong. If he gets help and stops drinking then think about talking to him again but if you are considering staying and waiting for him to clean his act up at least go to Al-anon meetings so you know what NOT to do when he starts calling again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Just because it was the right thing to do doesn't mean it is easy. Go ahead and cry. You know this is NOT what you really want in life. Stay strong and then save all that love you have to give for the person that is right for you.
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 1:34 AM on Jun. 17, 2009