When did you start getting stretch marks?

I have some stretch marks from some previous weight changes but so I'm expecting to get some from the pregnancy but I'm 27 weeks and so far nothing. I've been crossing my fingers and using cocoa butter twice a day since day 1.

spbeta

Asked by spbeta at 10:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am 32 weeks and started noticing stretch marks on my thighs and breasts probably around week 28 or 29. I have none on my stomach though, thank God. Stretch marks are actually genetic so you might not get them at all, or you may only get them in certain areas. Just keep using the cocoa butter and hopefully it works!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I got mine so bad from the first pregnancy, but I haven't gotten any new ones this time. Mine started to show up around 7 months with my first though. Keep it up with the cocoa butter and make sure you drink all that water and take your vitamins!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I warded mine off for quite a long time...didn't get any until well into my 37th week...and I did get some, but I don't think they're terrible...they're really starting to fade now, and you can barely see them.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Well I hope you don't. I have very faint ones on my upper thighs, even though that's not where I was getting bigger. I've heard pregnancy also inhibits collagen production making your skin less elastic when you need it most....and that its mostly genetic.  Even if you do get some it will be at the bottom of your priority list.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i was 3-4 months pregnate but i had a big baby and only used cocoa butter everyother day
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I got stretch marks at six weeks. When I went to the doctor for the first time at 12 weeks I had yet to gain weight or grow in size. When I asked my doc about it he said that sometimes women get marks from hormonal changes in pregnancy and that mine didn't have anything to do with my belly stretching. I got them terribly. From the tops of my thighs to about four inches above my belly button. I got more with each of my other two pregnancies. UGH!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Stretch marks are caused by sudden stretching in the skin so if you gain your weight gradually they should be fine and yes they are genetic look at your mommas belly and you'll get a good idea of what yours will look like..... There battle scars of a beautiful baby anyways they are well worth it.....
    RyHouston

Answer by RyHouston at 11:16 PM on Jun. 16, 2009