does it mean i have to switch formula

so my 3month old son has been drinkin similac soy for a good little while now after we found out the regular formula wasn't working for him, well here recently he has been eating and eating and eating as if he werent getting enough but then hers another issue now he's starting to throw up after..granted i think it could be that he's just eating too much but if he doesn't keep eating he acts like he is starving. i'm just wondering if this means i have to switch the formula yet again..any help will do and thank you guys in advance

Tysmommy09

Asked by Tysmommy09 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• he could be going through a growth spurt like the 1st poster said... but he could also be getting gas.. it creates pockets of air in his belly and makes his brain think that he needs more food when really he's full. Make sure that the bottle is working properly and if you don't have vented bottles I would recommend getting some. Also I don't know how you feel about it (there are mixed opinions out there but I never had a problem with it) but you could always mix in a tsp. of baby cereal to give it a bit more consistency.. or feed him a little cereal after his bottle.. GL!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• 3mos is the standard first growth spurt.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Maybe give him some water in between to fill him up and if he likes cereal then feed him that twice a day....or if you do gotta change his formula try Similac Alimentum it's for Allergies...My daughter cudn't drink the regular kind it made her puke and have Diarrhea ,,,then went to soy didn't work and then she went on Alimentum and it worked the first day!...So just start with the water first...and if that doesn't work ask the doctor about Alimentum. GoodLuck
    nicole0709442

Answer by nicole0709442 at 11:14 PM on Jun. 16, 2009