• In the Spotlight:

who has shih tzu's?

my aunt says it took her 2 yrs to train hers. at first i was really persistant with ours and she was doing good. then i got super busy looking for a new car and now really concentrating on potty training my daugther. so she has been neglected in her potty training. i tried the crate training but she won't go inside to stay just to get her toys or biscuit out. so my question is how long did it take to train yours? i'm really scared it's going to be a long time. as they are not very smart dogs.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pets

• I had one a few years ago. She was cute, but probably the dumbest dog I've ever been around. After a full year of consistency, she was still having accidents in the house. I finally gave her away. I couldnt handle it anymore.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• ACTUALLY.... shih tzu's are rather smart dogs.. mine peed on puppy pads from 5 weeks on.. and then goes outside w/o issues...MAYBE its an un smart owner who neglected the dogs cares and now realizes it.. DUMB OWNER not dumb dog hunny
    Anonymous

• no not dumb owner but dumb dog. if she was smart she would of been trained in a week in like the week i did train her. dumb anon. look up your breed traits they are dumb dogs but oh soooo cute. also your not very nice but what do you expect from mean people.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• http://www.dogchannel.com/dog-magazines/popular-dogs/articleshih_tzu.aspx
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I think dumb dogsare easier to train. Smart dogs think of ways to get out of doing what they are told to do.
    Anonymous

• ummm u dont train a dog in one week u stupid bitch
    Anonymous

• i have 2 maltipoo x shihtzus..theyre 6 month old brothers..one of them is a whooole lot better in that department than the other..but they still both have accidents in the house..they are getting bettter, but..yaa its frustrating!!! whereas my golden retriever that ive had since he was a pup, and is now 1.5 has NEVER peed or pooped in he house..go figure!! lol i dont use crates for my dogs because in my house theres a lil room thats like 6x6 feet, with linoleum for flooring, so i use that as the dogs room..so they are in there when i go out, but all day and night they have free roam of the house, and i just put a puppy pad in the kitchen, and in the middle of the night, if need be, they use that..so i would try buying some of those..for my 2 theyre wonderfull!! hopefully by the end of summer they will be fully potty trained!! good luck!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• all my other dogs were trained in a week. in fact one golden was trained in 2 days. you don't know anything anon.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:15 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• actually i do.. and i know ur a stupid bitch who shouldnt have a dog if you dont have patience for training them go play in traffic u dumb stupid woman
    Anonymous