For those who have taken their GED test

I have my test this weekend. Any tips besides studying? was it easy for you? were you good in regular school? people keep telling me it's easy but im still very nervous!

DeathBat

Asked by DeathBat at 11:00 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• its not necisarily easy. but if you study and get enough rest over a few days u should breeze thru it. my df is scheduled to take his on the 22nd and 24th. dont stress over it, itll only make it harder. find a study buddy. me and my df study togther and it makes it easier. good luck and congrats!
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Its not that bad. The reading test , soical studies test, and the science test, are mostly about understanding what you read. The answers they ask you are all right there in the paragraph or story they give you to read . So if you can understand it your'll be fine or you can always look back. The math test is the only one i really studied for. Fractions, decimals, graphs,...ect. The first half you get to use a calcultor, the second half you don't. Just study as hard as you can hun, good luck to you , i'm sure you can do it!!! :D
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 11:14 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i dont know.I was ok in school but ive been failing math since 4th grade.I studied for almost 2 yrs then i took the whole test.I passed everything but math.I took the math part again almost a yr later.I failed again.I studied for almost 2 yrs after that in a ged adult education program i took math and failed again.If your at least ok in the subjects then you should pass them.I wish i knew an easy way but ive been in sxhool for just math since 2006 and i still cant pass it :(
    babysyoungmom1

Answer by babysyoungmom1 at 11:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I don't know if this will help but this is how they want children to test in school, so why can't it work for you. Before doing anything else on the test, read the questions first regarding that part and as you go along you will find the answer you need. get a good nights sleep, and last drink, orange juice before testing, they say OJ opens up brainwaves and helps you along the way.Good luck.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:43 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Trust me, you'll be fine. I was horrible in regular school, that is when I showed up!! My husband was bad in school too, he passed. I don't think anyone ever fails. GOOD LUCK!
    Michele79

Answer by Michele79 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I took my book with me, and went to my car between tests to brush up on the next section - they let us do that (we had like 20 minutes between tests). I was nervous too - but as it turned out I aced it. Even the math portion! I'm no good at math (without my trusty 10-key). You'll be fine. And you'll be so proud when you receive that score. Congratulations.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:16 AM on Jun. 19, 2009

• I got my GED in Feb 08. I dropped out in 10th grade due to pregnancy an an abusive ex. I went to 2 GED classes and they were dumb so I stopped. I got my GED and passed with flying colors.
    The science and history part are just reading a section and answering questions based on them.
    Math, not so good for me. If you know basic algebra, youll do fine. I did fine and barely knew it.
    Writing and reading, Ive always done good in those and scored in the 98th percentile. The reading part is reading a story and answering questions based on that.
    Writing is an essay at the end and as long as you know correct grammar and pronunciation, you'll do fine.
    Don't sweat it. I was sooo nervous but when you take it you'll do fine I'm sure. GOOD LUCK! CONGRATS!
    LiSsY0924

Answer by LiSsY0924 at 6:17 AM on Jun. 23, 2009