A question for the 30 and up crowd

Okay so I am 24 and dh is turning 27 in a few days and lately I have been wondering about getting older. But have been too much of a chicken to ask ones close to me because i don't want to make them feel old. So I am going to risk making a bunch of strangers feel old lol jk.

Heres my question...

Do you have anxiety about getting older. Does it feel scarey? and not just thirty but each decade you hit does it get worse?

I know it's a stupid question but I for some reason fear 30. Logically I know it is most definately not old but it just feels old to me if you get what I am saying. lol I sound stupid and I am sorry if I offended anyone.

My grandmother is around 67 and i have always wanted to ask her this question

jenniamigo

Asked by jenniamigo at 11:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• WISDOM COMES WITH AGE
    Anonymous

• Getting old is better then the alternative. DEATH!
    Anonymous

• Honey your 24 stop. I'm dreading getting old too but I'm not living my life living in fear of it. Don't ask your grandma that. That would be rude and make her feel bad. But seriously you have 6 years until your 30. When your 29 start thinking about it but have fun for now
    Anonymous

• Oh, it's not a stupid question lol. I used to think 30 was old too, til I turned about 28. Then I realized that age REALLY IS just a number. If you are active and healthy, and you keep doing the things you love, you will continue to feel young. I feel younger and better now than I did even a few years ago. Hubby and I are both 31. We still have parties here at our house once or twice a month, til the wee hours of the morning, we love going out when we have a sitter, I am honestly more secure in who I am, we have a blast playing with our kids while they are young, and I know that when 40 rolls around there will be more things I love about it than hate about it. I would SO much rather be 31 than 21 anyday!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I was worried about 30 too, but its no big deal.... I am over 40 now and never gave it a second thought! Each age has its benefits and I can honestly say I am happier, healthier and more grounded than I have ever been. Its true when they say with age comes wisdom.... enjoy your life!
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 11:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i'mscare to get older. the wrinkle  is what really get me, looking like a prune and i'm only 31..

Anonymous

• I will be 40 on Monday and I just feel wiser and experienced compare to when I was 30 or 20. Yes your body changes and what not but these days we are so educated on how to look younger and feel better that you shouldn't worry. I am just sad that I have never met anyone worth my time since my divorce.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I wouldn't ask my gandma i was just curious. I don't live in fear it's just it pops in my head from time to time when I am alone. Silly I know
    jenniamigo

Answer by jenniamigo at 11:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Take care of yourself and you will realize that you truly ARE only as old as you feel. : )
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 11:14 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• You only look and feel as great as the way you treat your body. If you fill it with junk it will be full of junk if you fill it with heathy stuff then it will be healthy. It is what you put in it and how you carry yourself. It sucks to get old but hey we all go through it :(

Just be happy you are healthy and is able to enjoy life don't waste your time on thinking the worse you will only cut yourself short. Stop being negative. GL Snap out of it.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2009