At 2 months old...

what did your child(ren) do? I know they say every baby develops differently and at their own pace, but I was curious as to what your child(ren) could or couldn't do at 2 months of age! Mine started rolled over at 17 days and hasn't quit since!! She can lift her head and chest completely up and stay like that for quite some time. And when she's down for tummy time, she will kick her legs(like she is trying to crawl lol) and cry the whole time, but she can scoot like that all the way across a room! Also since about a month old she could stand up and hold just one finger of each hand and stay standing forever. She doesn't ever get tired of that one. So what about your's?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wow! Your daughter is super advanced!

My 4 month old granddaughter keeps trying to roll over from tummy to back, but can't quite do it because her arm gets in the way, so she ends up just turning in circles. She's so cute!

Her pediatrician says that it is actually fine for babies to stand up assisted if their legs hold them up on their own. They won't get bowlegged at all - that's a myth and old-wive's tale. She said that it actually builds their muscles.

We're letting her develop at her own pace because I want her to stay a baby as long as she wants. Of course, we want her to be within age limits, but we aren't going to push her. Not that I'm saying you did with your daughter.

Thanks for sharing. You have a special daughter! It's just a shame that she is developing so quickly and not enjoying being a baby. You are going to miss that. ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:02 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Don't let her stand at such a tiny age she will end up bow-legged.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• BRAGGING MUCH??!!
    Anonymous

• yaaa..i was gonna say that to, about the standing, its not good for them to be like that. their teeny tiny bones cant supoprt it, and its gonna cause them to have trouble with their legs in a couple years..thats awesome that she can do that, but..i wouldnt allow her to..2 months is waaay to young
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• jealous!!!!
    Anonymous

• God my sister would always do that and you should see my poor neice, she looks like she's holding an invisible barrel in between her legs.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Sounds a lot like my daughter... she held her head up and was looking at me from the moment she popped out. She hit all her milestones early, I think she was sitting unsupported at 3 months, she was in her Exersaucer then I remember, banging away at toys! They do develop at their own rate, but usually even out to each other by preschool or K4.

Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 11:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• My daughter always pushed against me or the floor with her legs like she wanted to stand and I let her here and there, I always worried about her legs, too.. I've checked them now that she's a toddler and I can't tell if it's in my head or if her shins are a little curved. They feel straight down the bone, it's just hard to tell. Their bones are still soft at that age-cartilage so it's not the best idea, I've heard both ways though, that it's a wive's tale and that it's sound.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• All babies develop at different rates. It does sound a little like you are bragging but a mom has a right to brag about her children, as long as it's not done in a degrading way to everyone else. To answer your question, mine were always very early in reaching their milestones, especially in talking because we never talked to them in babytalk, ever. My oldest son was walking by 7 months on his own, my youngest son was sitting up on his own by 3-4 months, and my daughter had a good vocabulary by 16 months. They all reached different milestones at different times. When they get to school age, they will even out for the most part in their development.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:00 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Well, my kid is 12 weeks old and doing pretty well for herself. She just received a job at a very respected law firm after being fired from her previous job working for some sleazy man. I am helping her file her case against him for sexual harassment. I didn't feel too comfortable when I met him at the Christmas party and am glad she quit before anything serious happened. She also decided to go back to school and finish for her masters. We are all very proud of her. PLUS we just started her on solids this week. We are so proud!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Jun. 17, 2009