what do you do or say when?

you are sick or one of your kids are sick? Do you worrie, complain ?
God dont want us to do that he wants us to speak life over our selfs and family do you do that?

Proverbs 18:21
The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love to talk will have to eat their own words

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 11:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, Hinson. I speak healing over my household when we are sick. Most people who are not in the body of Christ do not have this privilege so expect some naysayers.

ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• if i'm sick i go see a DR.
    Anonymous

• I'm not 100% sure what you mean by speaking healing over my family. I do pray believing God can heal. One of the ways he chooses to heal is through modern medicine, but He is certainly not limited to that way.

One thing I want to say here is that having a sick family member or being sick is in no way a judgement of the strength of your faith. The apostle Paul said that he prayed 3 times for God to remove his illness. Each time God replied "my grace is sufficient for you" but he did not remove the illness. Remember trials have a purpose in our lives, one is to bring others to Christ. Sometimes this is done through miraculous healing, but as ptomom said above there are people who doubt and won't believe. It can be a tremendous testimony when a person is not healed yet chooses to believe God. Non-believers take notice of that kind of faith. Cont.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• hehehe... I find it funny that ptomom believes it's totally fine to "speak healing" over her family, being Christian, but I'd put money on the bet that says if a Pagan did the same thing (what they call magic) she would pitch a fit about how they are devil worshippers or practicers of black magic :p
    Anonymous

• con't. One of the other purposes for suffering is to draw us close to God. Often when we are healthy and things are going our way we forget our absolute need of God, we get prideful and think we can handle our lives just fine. When a trial comes along it tends to remove the things we look to for security, such as health or money, etc.  We are forced to choose to follow God or leave walking with Him. 

Another purpose is testimony to other believers, I know of a dear Godly man who has terminal cancer.  His heart is still tender for God, he still praises God for the good and the bad.  As of today God has not removed the tumor.   But this man's testimony is just as powerful, maybe more without healing. 

So God is God and can and certainly does remove illness, but it is based on His will, not our faith.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• 1 John 3:22
    And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2009