...why do i cry after i have sex ..????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• I am the same way....and I can't REALLY explain it for the life of me. I always get left with a strong feeling of emptiness though, somehow, and I think that has something to do with it.
    Anonymous

• b/c it was so good:)
    Anonymous

• ok - were you sexually hurt at all in your life? are you pregnant or just had a baby? menopause?
    do you suffer from depression?
    need more details- either way get counseling & talk to your partner about your feelings.
    maybe stop having sex until you figure this out.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I cry for out of joy. I have such a feeling of completion and happiness that sometimes I can't contain it.

If that's not the reason you're crying then you need to examine your feelings and decide what to do with them. If they are related to past sexual abuse, seek counciling. If they are related to a bad relationship, then you need to decide what to do about that. If it's for no aparent reason, consider the possibility of depression, whether related to a recent birth, a recent loss or just a clinical depression.

I hope you feel better soon :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:44 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Maybe bc you have lots on your mind..Or maybe you did not get to have an orgasm like you would have liked (I have felt like this before on this part) Or maybe you were just not that into it and felt guilty subconsciously.

Then again maiahlynn has good questions for you.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• wow, I'd love to have sex that was so good that it made me cry
    Anonymous

• Maybe u r just so in love u can't help but cry.. That's so sweet!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Maybe its overwhelming you?? I'm not sure, just throwing some ideas out here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• See if you can follow this:
    I always thought that the intensity of the anticipation of the "release" when the orgasm comes sort of brought all your emotions to a head. (No pun intended). Sort of like everything (all the emotions) that's been shoved down and held back rises up anticipating a release - and thrusts itself forward and out with the release of the orgasm - or in some cases if there is not an orgasm or a strong enough orgasm - the emotions behind the orgasm overflow anyhow.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:01 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• its the eratic hormones and endorphins...nothing more nothing less. even if there is some history there, its still the elevation of hormones then the crash...talk to your ob about hormone supplements and it will help that. The endorphins are the chemicals that make you feel that rush of love...you WANT that.. The only good reason to cry after sex is because you are filled with joy and its so overwhelming you cry to release it. Not because you feel empty as a pp said, how sad. :o(
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:51 AM on Jun. 17, 2009