handouts????

why do people think this is a site to ask for handouts cause they messed up and got pregnant and now cant afford it? try craigslist or free cycle not here.. IMO

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• because it is a support sight and there are moms that hopefully they can find locally that have extra and are very generous. I understand where you are coming from but until i joined her ei didnt know what freecycle was ....or craigslist
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 11:41 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I don't know, but I'm sure sick of seeing them all over CM & CraigsList, how do they expect to support a child for 18 years if they can't even afford to buy things while they have 9 months to wait! If you can't afford it, keep your legs crossed! I'm against abortion, but if you can't raise him/her consider adoption!
    Anonymous

• very true, we dont have a lot fo $ but somehow we automatically sacrificed without even knowing we were to be able to get stuff for my 2 kids. They have plenty, even tho i may not ge tto go have girls night, they hae everything plus. its jsut what you do, ive never asked for anything from anyone
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 12:47 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I give stuff away - handouts, Every day! I have an entire site dedicated to it.

You know, before you start posting your ignorant assuming opinion, maybe you should think "What would Jesus do?" And if you are looking for a handout, baby clothing, toys, software, games, movies, I think I even have some formula left go to StuckAtHomeMom.com

I also have legitimate work at home JOBS and a bunch of other no cost scam free stuff.
    So while you are spending your life in a bubble judging others, I'll be helping others better their lives - like Jesus would have us do.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 1:37 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I love helping people, dont care where they are from. Asking for help is not bad. People make bad choices,we just hope that they learn from their mistakes.

I find people on cafemom very supportive(most times).....clears throat.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 5:32 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I guess that the amount of compassion varies with Cafemoms.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:30 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• i think its a good thing when someone doesnt let pride stand in thei way of asking for help. children are expensive and sometimes people underestimate just how expensive. i dont think they should go into it planning to recieve handouts but when hardship hits asking is hard enough...
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:21 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Honestly? I think a proper and thorough sexual education program in schools would help this a lot. I was an honors and AP student, and I still had to learn most of what I know about sex from experience and sites like WebMD. Most learn it the same way, with some less reliable info coming from friends, the internet at large, and even family members who never learned it all either. If kids knew what they were getting into and how much money it actually honestly takes to raise a child, compared to minimum (or average) wages, maybe they'd think twice about sex. People compare now to the 40's or 50's and say that it was a "simpler time" and all that, but really it's just shame and ignorance that was working back then. Girls getting sent away to quietly abort or adopt their babies rather than flaunting them in the high schools. Obviously ignorance did not and does not work. How about some knowledge? (Anonymous to avoid flamers. TY)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• op here- now dont get me wrong i donate to food shelves and to clothing shelters and what not.. i donate to the PROPER places not the website we use to talk to other moms in my eyes this is not a handout site.. least last time i checked it was not
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• If you see a post asking for money on CafeMom, please report it to the site. It is against the rules to badger people for money here. We never know if the sob story is true so don't fall for it. If you are a person who wants to help someone do it in your own community. It will benefit you and your family to help near home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Jun. 17, 2009