If you wanted to have a girl or boy but had the opposite would you try again?

Why?

What if you had all of one gender but wanted to have one of another would you try even if you already had 2 or more kids???

How many kids do you want to have?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• I am in the exact same position. I have two boys and REALLY want a little girl. I am 35 years old and really do not want to wait too much longer so I am pretty sure we are going to try at the end of summer for that girl. I even went as far as buying two books and the various things you can do to up your chances of the gender you desire. We shall see....
    twoboys24

Answer by twoboys24 at 11:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I have one boy.. and I will not stop until I have a girl. Even if that means 50 kids LOL no but I want between 4-6 kids. if I have 5 kids and they are all boys I will adopt a little girl so I have my daughter!
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I have one DD and I'm only going to have one more. I would have more if I had A LOT more money.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I've always wanted a boy and a girl, but I got two boys and you know I don't mind being the only girl in the house, I would like to have one more baby and I want it to be a boy
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:37 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I would've been happy having either, as long as my child was healthy.
    But, I really really wanted a girl and I lucked out by not only having a girl, but the best behaved girl I could even imagine. Even at a month old she was perfect! She has been an unbelievably easy child. To the point that one day I decided I didn't want to buy diapers anymore so I took her to the store to pick out what undies she wanted and has been potty trained ever since, she wasn't even 2 1/2 yet!
    So just the fact that my child is so easy.... I'm deathly afraid of having another because my friend had an evil lil baby that not only had colic as a small infant, but cried 12 hours a day until she was like a year and a half. Her second daughter is the best behaved child, she reminds me of my daughter when she was an infant!
    So I think I'll wait until my daughter is a lot older to try for another. And it would be nice to have a boy when that day comes!
    AriMicSun

Answer by AriMicSun at 11:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i have a dd... we're gunna give it one more shot for a boy hopefully when he gets home. But if not then we're gunna wait a little longer and hopfully get our boy. But if we still get a girl all well! My hubby says it's God saying he shouldn't have a boy and karma catching up with him
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:01 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• when i was pregnant all i wanted was a girl..all signs pointed to girl, i had dreams that i was having a girl everything!! i didnt want a boy cuz my bf at the time broke up with me cuz he didnt want kids, and i thought if i had a boy i would se to much of him in my baby..so yaa..it was all about having a girl..when i went into labour, i had a c section, the pulled the baby out and said "congradulations its a boy!!!" and i was like WHAAT!! i didnt say that tho..actually i didnt say anything..my stomach and heart like completely dropped to the ground, i was soooo upset!!! then like 5 seconds later they were like "NO NO ITS A GIRL!!" and i was like ohhh thank god!! then i was happy..but yaaa that feeling i had when i heard it was a boy,was THE WORST feeling i have ever felt!! i felt sooo bad for feeling that way for that 5 seconds..but ya all worked out well!! lol :) i hope one day i will have a boy..i want more like 2-3 more
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:29 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• my sisters friend has 4 girls..they kept trying for a boy..they eventually gave up and figured it just wasnt meant to be!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:30 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I have a son, which is what I wanted, so I'm good. My SO && I have discussed having one more, but if we do it will be awhile. I would prefer another boy, but if I got a girl then I would still stop. Then again I might be done now, who knows, it's still completely up in the air.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 12:45 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• We have 4 children. We were blessed with 3 girls first. We were not trying for a boy. I had it in my mind that all we would have were girls. Well we ended up being blessed with a Son. Our girls love him so much and they spoil him rotten! We all do! We love all our children.
    Dmajsmommy9396

Answer by Dmajsmommy9396 at 2:39 AM on Jun. 17, 2009