• In the Spotlight:

So who has a new joke or something funny that happened to them this week?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 11:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Here's a good one:

This week I noticed a light on my dash that said "AIR BAG" so I looked it up in the owner's manual and it said that it could be a problem with my seat belts or with my air bag and that I needed to get it checked out by the dealership right away. Since I'm going on vacation tomorrow I took this very seriously. I brought it in waited 45 minutes then they called me to the front. There had been a plastic water bottle stuck under the passenger seat that was making the seat belt think it couldn't retract. They removed the bottle. GUESS HOW MUCH THEY CHARGED ME FOR TAKING A PLASTIC BOTTLE OUT FROM UNDER THE SEAT? $57!!!!!!!!!

So here's the kicker - they didn't even throw the bottle away for me!!! They left it in my cup holder!!! $57 and they couldn't even recycle the damn thing!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• That is funny! oh today we went to wal-mart and I was in a buying mood! I saw a cute desk I could use for the computer. I made my 10 year old son help me load up this heavy box into the cart, we smashed our fingers and broke a sweat. I took 10 steps and saw a cheaper desk, then a cheaper flimsier one. We decided to get a cheapy one and I made him help me unload it and leave it next to the cheapy ones. By the time we were done and in pain, I decided, I really didn't need it after all. I laughed and told my son imagine how we look on the surveillance cameras? It looks like we did it on purpose!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I went shopping today and the guy that was ringing up my things asked for my phone number. I looked at him and said " sorry but I'm married"! He laughed and said sorry ma'am but I need it for the computer to finish your purchase. I was mortified and never have been so embarrassed!!!
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• OMG! mommymine that is so embarrassing! Oh you reminded me of something! My poor little guy when he was 5 we were at Best Buy where they always ask for your zip code. My son insisted on paying for his own movie and the guy like a dork asks my son for his zip code and my son got all red faced and looked down at his zipper!!!! I wanted to cry for his embarrassement. I gave our zip to the guy and my son walked away whispering "Mommy, I thought he was asking me for my zipper"!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:03 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• When they ask about zips and phone numbers I always say no. I hate giving out personal info.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:07 AM on Jun. 17, 2009