BE HONEST! Did you buy into the Y2K hype?

I did. Of course, I was only 11 when 2000 rolled around. My mom is a nurse, and she forced me to sit at home and be really quiet. She was convinced that all of the machines at her hospital would stop working and that the world would end. Midnight went off without a hitch.

Somehow I predict the same thing with December 2012. But don't take my word for it!

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 11:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• whats supposed to happend December 2012?
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Nope, why worry about something that I can't control. If the world is going to end tomorrow, there is nothing anyone can do about it. People need to just stop worrying about things that are out of our control. Things like this cause mass hysteria and all kinds of other problems that go with it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• It's the next in line for the "ZOMG END OF ZE WORLDS!" prophecies.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Wow I was 26 years old and no I did not buy into it.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:43 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• It wasn't total hype but it was blown out of proportion. There were risks BUT they solved the issue well before 2000 rolled around. But by then it had a life of its own. Somewhat like global warming. My neices husband is a computer guru for the dod and he was involved somewhat with changing the program.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:44 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• oh hmm never heard of it...wont worry about it either.

i rememer NY 2000....i was 16, we sat around a friends house. none of us believed it would happen
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 11:44 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I was 20 and no I didn't buy into it.

Damn I'm feeling older and older everytime I log in on here. LOL!
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 11:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• oh, thanks, I was 18 and I did buy into it, kinda I didn't know what to think
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• honestly, no. i was 16 so of course i was the smartest person in the world & thought it was all silly. i also lived in Japan at the time & they didnt freak over it like the US did. i also think the whole 12/2012 end of the world thing is silly.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• NOPE, Just like I don't buy into the global warming, hug a tree, save an endangered animal crap!!!
    Anonymous