ok my son picked up a word from dad [shit] ugh now when he messes up with something that comes out of his mouth. i can i get him to stop saying that. i tried to ignore it then i just told him thats a bad word and dont say it ugh any ideas

iBeLoNg2HiM

Asked by iBeLoNg2HiM at 11:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• try to ignore the word, but in the mean time start using a new one around the house on purpose when you do things. Example "holly cow" Ohhh pickles" something he may find funny and want to copy. Next thing you know it will be his NEW saying. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• a bar of soap
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Keep reminding him it is not an appropiate word for him, yes dh says it but he is an adult and yes he should not be talking like that either but he is a child so you have to correct him or give him a good spanking when he says it. If he still says it ignore him and give it some time soon he will stop. bc if you are just telling him to stop saying it he is just blowing you off like ...yeah yeah mommy what are you going to do about it...that is when you do something about it. It is just a phase kids go through sometimes.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• How embarrassing, but don't worry it's happened to me too! My daughter says damnit when things don't go her way-my fault;) I just keep ignoring it and now it only comes out every once in a while, usually the worst times, but at least it's few and far between.
    Just don't give it any attention at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• ppssshhh i wish that's what my daughter said she says fuck or fucken lol just keep telling him its a bad word and if it continues then put chile in his mouth or soap
    Jackie1562

Answer by Jackie1562 at 12:27 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• The more you talk about the word and give him attention for it, the more he will say it. You have told him it is not a nice word. Does he seem to say it to get a rise out of you? Just keep ignoring the word and keep on to dad about what he says.
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 3:15 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• so? whats the big deal? it's just a word.. ignore it. If he uses it in a sentence pretend you didn't hear anything he said.... If it really bothers you say, I'm sorry, little boys don't use grown up words and as soon as you are ready to talk to me nice then you may but until then I can't hear you.
    Angelbluewingsz

Answer by Angelbluewingsz at 9:19 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• He knows what he is doing is wrong at this age. I would do the soap or put him in time out. You need to let him know that you will not put up with bad words no matter who else might say them.
    troysmom04

Answer by troysmom04 at 11:19 AM on Jun. 17, 2009