Why do so many people feel church is necessary ?

If your unmoved in your convictions, and your truly believe whatever it is you believe will save you, then why is going to church necessary?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Church is where you to get strenghten with your brethern. Everyday is a battle dealing with the demonic forces. Church is where we go to get encouraged through the word of God by the man of God (spiritual shepherd) WHen the man of God is connected to he/she is told what to say and how to say it to the people of God. In return we get what we need spiritually to face another week.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Probably so that they can connect with other people of like minds. For the same reason you come to cafemom :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:08 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Hebrews 10:25
    should help
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:17 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Well 2mothershelpers beat me to it. She gave the passage. God commanded it. That should be enough for believers.

As far as my personal opinion. Church serves many purposes. First and most important is corporate worship. God deserves to be worshipped and worshiping with believers is one wonderful way to do it. Second, we live an a world that draws us away from God, just by being busy about the business of the day. We have kids and work and stuff we have to do. Sunday is one time when I stop and focus on God. The structure of formal worship helps with the focus, because it's organized for that purpose. Third is fellowship, I like the people I go to church with. They are my family in Christ. I have known them for many years and we have seen good times and bad times together.

So as with all of God's commands He knew this would be good for us. Since God loves me and wants my best, I'm going to obey.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• To worship God and fellowship with the bretheren
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 7:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2009