Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone lose their ohp and can't get help anywhere?

I recently lost my ohp need mental health meds for bipolar, borderline personality disorder and ptsd. Jackson County Mental Health refuses to help unless I have OHP. OHP says I can't reapply there is no openings. Looking for support to maybe help change our system!!!! Anyone have any ideas how I get started??

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Health

Answers (1)
  • Sorry, I don't know what OHP is. You can contact the makers of the meds directly and see if they offer prescription assistance. Or ask at your doctor's office for the website for prescription assistance, there are a couple of programs out there. If there is a Children's Service Society in your area, contact them. They offer mental health care and prescriptions at a sliding scale fee as long as you use their psychiatrist. They see adults as well as children. Good luck!!!

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.