What do you think about the Large Hadron Collider?

Do you think it could destroy the earth? Or will we find the "God particle"? Or is it just a collossal waste of time and money? I think it's a great step in particle physics, but yes there are potential dangers as there are with any scientific experiments. What are your opinions?

http://public.web.cern.ch/public/en/LHC/Safety-en.html

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 12:27 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think lots of things are wastes of money, and for alot of people, i could see how this is. Where do we stop trying to figure out and understand absolutely everything?

However, I am so intrigued and anxious to read the findings and understand more about the universe. I dont think it will destroy the earth whatsoever. These people are not trying to destroy the earth, and have taken every precaution to protect it. The chances of seeing an even pinhole sized black hole is beyond miniscule.

This is not a 'god particle'. Dan Brown made that shit up. These experiments have absolutely nothing to do with god in the basic sense. Seeing a big bang, in my opinion, proves the existence of my god, but i doubt many other religions see it that way.

Love the LHC, and i wish i had been a physicist.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 12:50 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

•  

God.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 6:59 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I think that what we could potentially learn from it is very exciting.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:26 AM on Jun. 17, 2009