Help With Food

I've tried everything and can't stop eating for better health and weight loss. I have no motivation to exercise after a long day at work. Any ideas anyone can share on how to get on the successful weight loss track once and for all is appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• im in the same boat....sigh....
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 1:50 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I was just like that three weeks ago, I got a friend to go walking with me and we motivate eachother. Seriously you have no idea how friendly competition with your friend can make you kick it into overdrive to see who can lose weight the fastest, or drop inches. Get a pedometer, they count your steps and since i got one, I find myself walking a little more and more every day to get the step count higher. I also use a website called americaonthemove.org and you log your steps everyday and you can chose a trail to walk, like the oregon trail, the iditarod, the great wall of China. Things like that really help keep you going. I am also on weight watchers. very good food, very good for you. Get a buddy to go with you!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:37 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• cont..
    Three weeks of walking 2 miles every day and I have already lost one dress size!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:38 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Start off small. Don't make any major changes. Start by eliminating sweets and fried foods. Walk 30 mins everyday. Ease into it if u have a hard time.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Make small changes, take it one day at a time, accept the good days and the bad ones. Have a friend exercise with you or your kids. Try a place like Weight Watchers, they are awesome and help you out a lot. Don't expect miracles right away. Set small goals and reward yourself when you reach those goals. Go 10 pounds at a time. Make a chart and track your weigh loss and other goals. Set a big reward when you reach your goal weight. Start out with 2 15 minute exercise sessions a day. Walk on your lunch break, go for family walks, play active games as a family. Try kickball, baseball, dodgeball. Have relay races, water balloon fights. You don't have to do actually exercises, just be active for atleast 30 minutes a day, elevate your heart rate.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 5:41 PM on Jun. 18, 2009