Trying to start labor... not working :(

I have been walking a ton, I will be 39 weeks tomorrow. I am to a one, thinned and lost my plug. I am so ready but no labor. What are some other things can I do???

HuntersMama09

Asked by HuntersMama09 at 12:40 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Keep walking every day and have as much sex as possible. I know you've heard it before, but it works when the times right.
    ours

Answer by ours at 12:50 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• yeah last time we had sex i did go into labor, and we were not trying to start labor because i was still 35 weeks. it scared us from it.

HuntersMama09

Answer by HuntersMama09 at 12:54 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Hey! Remember me?

You're STILL pregnant??!?
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 1:50 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• castor oil! two table spoons.. it has work with every woman i know who's water didnt break by fourty weeks. its worth a try! hope all goes well!
    jannaboo

Answer by jannaboo at 1:52 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Stay away from castor oil. It'll give you stomach cramps and you'll get wicked diarrhea.

Remember, a due date is just an estimation. Don't stay focused on a date. Baby will come when he is good and ready.

If your doctor threatens medical induction, you can always try natural ways to induce labor, but I don't recommend you even consider that at 39 weeks.

This is your last chance at "freedom"... you know what I mean. Life as you know it, is going to change DRAMATICALLY the minute you go into labor. Enjoy it now, no matter how uncomfortable you are.

You know the expression "A watched pot never boils" applies. Go out with your partner (if applicable in your case) as much as possible. Go out to watch movies. Get a prenatal massage. Read a book about inspiring birth stories to put you in a positive mindset for delivery. Write your birth announcement cards. ANYTHING to keep your mind and body busy and get out of waiting mode!
    cfavreau

Answer by cfavreau at 2:10 PM on Jun. 17, 2009

• castrol oil also can cause the baby to poop and i believe like eats it and cause problems for the baby like death inside u
    Anonymous