We own a 2 bedroom condo...should we add another child to the mix?

We have 3 kids living w/ us. We want another baby, however we don't have the space and can't afford a larger home. I have 2 yrs. left in college to become a teacher. My DH works 2 jobs and is desperately trying to become an officer. We will be able to get a larger home when one of us switches careers. I'm 33 and we want another baby. Should we wait? Would you wait?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• We own a 3 bedroom condo and have 1 child. I have 1 year left before I become a teacher and my husband is already an officer. We are waiting to have another baby until I graduate, get a job, and buy a house. This works for us but you and your husband may come to another solution. What does your husband say about it? Either way, you and your husband should both agree on what to do and what is best for your family.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:56 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• In this economy it's a buyer's market. I can't believe you think you can't afford to buy a larger home. Have you even looked? They are practically giving large homes away! I saw a great five bedroom two story for $50,000.00. That's just too hard to pass up. Call a real estate agent and find a great deal then have your baby and live happily ever after.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• If you want to struggle just a bit until you guys get on your feet then ok. But it would be easier to wait and see if you can purchase a home.
    nutmegmom

Answer by nutmegmom at 6:54 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• So question...even if you rented out your home, you wouldnt be able to pay any more towards owning your home...sometimes those payments are cheaper than RENT! depending on where your from!! I dont think i would add another child to the mix, that just adds more stress on the other children on an already tight environment. I agree with PP, see what your options are and set a timeline...you could always be pregnant when getting ready to move, so when you get in your new home your babys allready on the way!? Good Luck either way you decide to go!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:15 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• If it were me, I would wait.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:38 AM on Jun. 17, 2009