Do I go to the ER???

Up with a sick 10 month old. He has a fever and just vomited the bottle I gave him. Doctor on call said to take him to the ER. I think he is jumping the gun...any suggestions. Fever was 101.4, but has already gone down to 100. Baby seems to be fine, babbling and trying to hit the keys as I type this...

Mommy2Dallas731

Asked by Mommy2Dallas731 at 1:07 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would take him in...... otherwise i would watch and see if his temp goes up again or if he vomits again. They do say if they vomit they should be seen
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:11 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Get pedialyte and squirt about 5 ml every 15 minutes in the corner of his mouth with a medicene dropper and let him go to sleep if he is not dehydrated.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:11 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• they will put an iv saline drip on him if u take him to the ER, this is easier and less painful
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:13 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• he could have a seizure if he is dehydrating so do the pedialyte right away. Give him a bannana tomarrow to get his potassium up because he needs all these vitamins minerals ect he is vomitting
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:16 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I say go with your gut, a mother usually knows whats best for her child.
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 1:26 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• It could be that the dr is aware of a virus going around that you don't know about. Or it could be that he was just trying to cover his ass. I would take a trip to the er just to be sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Having a fever could have made him throw up the milk, because his lil body is so hot, that the milk is going bad by the time it reaches his tummy. Try giving him juice or pedialyte or even water.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 4:45 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• my dd doesnt like pedilite so i have to giver her gatorade cut with water 50/50...less exspensive and it does the same thing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I agree, jumping the gun.
    I wouldn't bring him unless his temp is not coming down with treatment or he has frequent vomiting and you are seeing signs of dehydration
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:23 AM on Jun. 17, 2009