How do you get help from grown children?

My daughter is graduating this June. Will be going to a local college,for the first 2 yrs. My son is 21,home for the summer,works full time,will go back to 'Univ. of
ALBANY FOR THE FALL. Husband,works full time,but not there for me,as a husband should. All there needs are met my me at all times..I work 17 and half hours a week,which I love. But off for the summer. Then it will a full time job,doing all that needs to be done to keep the house running,as everyone else comes,and goes and does their own thing. Knowing that mom will take care of all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• Talk to them. Explain what you expect of them. And then give them a reason to do it if they don't seem motivated on their own. Stop doing things but the bare essentials. If they complain that something isn't done, tell them are capable of doing it themselves.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:18 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Put your foot down. If you don't then your children will just run over you. Set the rules now and let them know what you expect of them. For example, you will cook them dinner but they have to do their own laundry. Good Luck and have a fun summer!
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:12 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• tell them to help out or get out....they are grown, they can't expect mom to take care of them their whole life
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Jun. 17, 2009