If your son blew a kiss at you do you think he should be Denied Diploma?

On Friday night, when the senior class was waiting to graduate, excitement began to grow. Students bounced a large inflatable rubber duck. The noise level rose. And then came "the kiss." When called, one student walked on stage to receive his diploma and blew a kiss to his family. The school administrator, clearly not the sentimental sort, sent the student back to his seat ... sans diploma.
student's mother has given interviews and is quite upset at her son's treatment. According to an article from Fox News the outraged mother said, "A bow, a kiss to your mom is not misbehavior."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• thats just wrong... I would sue.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 1:12 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• This is the dumbest thing I've heard all week. What's happening to the school systems?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• thats messed up!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:13 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• This was in maine i seen it all ready and my gosh all the silliest thing and just for that my gosh WTF is wrong with people
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I would sue too. That's in NO way mis-conduct. Unless they stated specifically that BLOWING KISSES TO ANYONE IN THE AUDIENCE is NOT PERMITTED, then the boy obviously didn't do it to be sarcastic or defiant. It's just stupid!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I remember when they would streak through the crowd in the 70's. I was like 5 at my sisters graduation and a dude ran by naked. He put his robe back on and got his diploma. I don't get it.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:25 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I agree - that's ridiculous. The schools are so worried about that kind of thing that graduation sucks anymore. My DD graduated this year and I was not able to get what I consider a GOOD picture of her on the stage or coming off of it (which is where everyone use to pause so their family could get a pic as soon as they got their diploma) because they preached at the kids at rehearsal about how they expected it to go SO perfect - it's crap! I was at the rehearsal and saw and heard this with my own eyes and I couldn't believe the way they were talking to them. It was like they were getting scolded for doing something wrong in advance. One of their speakers stopped and got this really big grin on his face and it was so cute and it made me feel so good for his family. But he was the only one that did anything remotely close to looking happy or like he was enjoying his big day. It really pisses me off. I fully blame the schools!
    LifeGoesOn08

Answer by LifeGoesOn08 at 1:31 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Um at my graduation, my guy who walked me down, picked me up and carried me! And most people threw their hats, or yelled and jumped off stage...some blew kisses, some did outrageous and funny stuff for a laugh. Most shook hands and nodded. But that is BEYOND ridiculous, that kid SHOULD be excited and blowing kisses isn't illegal.
    bablondie

Answer by bablondie at 1:32 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I just wanted to add this - part of the reason it pisses me off so much is because it's not like we can go back and do it over again. It's a once in a lifetime thing. And they ruined it for the kids and their families in my opinion. You're not suppose to cheer for your child either. They preached that at rehearsal too. Do you know how bad it feels to sit there and do nothing instead of applauding your daughter for trying so hard and doing so well? I do.
    LifeGoesOn08

Answer by LifeGoesOn08 at 1:35 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• that is a bunch a BS! i can't believe they would try to deny him his diploma b/c he blew a kiss to his mother. our school threatened no stupid stuff blah blah...but we threw around beach balls in the middle of graduation and half the kids ran off the stage they were so excited. and no one got denied a diploma for it, its supposed to be a happy time when you thank the people who helped you get there, and thats what his family did.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:37 AM on Jun. 17, 2009