help my dog ate 3 cooked pork rib bones...what should i do?

So my dog just ATE 3 pork sparerib bones ...WHOLE, i think?? They were there and now they are GONE! What do I do. My brother is always giving his dog bones of all sorts but I have never given our bones as he would....well swallow them whole. He's a 1 1/2 year old lab and let me tell you he's eaten some crazy stuff with no problems so perhaps things will out ok. Im just a little freaked out. I looked on line and read perforated intestine. That doesnt sound fun or cheap!! HELP!!

MishyB

Asked by MishyB at 1:19 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Pets

• basically you have to watch his every bowel movement(or lack of) for a few days. I would call your vet in the morning, explain what happened and ask he or she what to look for and for how long. baiscally if it perforates he is gonna get very sick very fast hon, so call the vet and start the vigil. lol damn labs will eat anything the big dopes, good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:25 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I doubt you have to worry... the problem is when they eat chicken bones because when bitten, chicken bones splinter out and then poke & cut on their way down.

And I agree, a lab will eat anything... in fact, my little chihuahua will too. I caught her trying her best to eat a Coke can yesterday!
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 7:15 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• i dont think pork bone spinter so u should be all rite thats the main thing u have to worry about...i wouldnt worry to much unless he started have stomache problem hes choking...but id call the vet just to get a opion...that dont cost money my dog is constinly eating deer bones that he finds in the wood and he doesnt have a problem with them
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• My dalmation used to eat her rib bones in 1 or 2 bites or swallow them whole and she was always fine. But still keep an eye on his stools and call the vet if there are any problems.
    SouthernRoses

Answer by SouthernRoses at 12:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2009