have you ever had this happen?

Today my renters picked up there last stuff from the house, well the sister that moved in and shouldn't of been living there told me tonight that i better have there refund in 24 hours or there lawyer will be on my butt. now i had 10 people living there and it should of been 3 so i kicked them out and it was only a 2 bed room house now really am i doing something wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Was there an agreement that there should have only been those 3 people there? Did you give them ample warning that you were going to evict them? I am pretty sure that so long as there was an agreement that they would not exceed those people with the exception of new children and you gave them notice, (not like a you need to be out today sort of thing) there is nothing they can do.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:34 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Not enough info here...refund for what...the deposit or rent for the month? Are you trying to keep their rent for the month? Of course what you did wasn't wrong, but a warning would've sufficed?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Absolutely not. I don't care if there was a written agreement or not. You can't convince me that they didn't know they were doing wrong by having 10 people in a 2 bedroom house. If I were you I would talk to someone about the sister threatening you - because that is exactly what she did. If they did any damage - keep their damn refund. For the sister to come to you and say that kind of tells you what kind of people were living there. They act like they can do anything they want and noone can stop them.

And to the Anon poster - "Are you trying to keep their rent for the month? Of course what you did wasn't wrong, but a warning would've sufficed?" - She never said she was going to keep their refund. The sister came to her the same day they moved the last of their stuff out before she had time to do anything. Did you even check to see if she gave them a warning? Maybe she did.

LifeGoesOn08

Answer by LifeGoesOn08 at 1:47 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• There is no law that says you have to refund in 24 hours! You have 5 days to let them know why you WON'T be refunding the money,but the 24 hrs. thing is bull caca.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:51 AM on Jun. 17, 2009