my 13 yr old daughter wants to date a 15yr old boy?

She has known this boy all her life he a good kid with great parenting. recently his mom, my best friend passed away in a sudden car accident.

Trixiemomof3

Asked by Trixiemomof3 at 1:47 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• sorry to hear about your friend.

really, that's your call. all teenagers are different. and honestly i think that even if you tell her no they will do it anyways. ...
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:51 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I dont really see a problem in it. You know the boy and his family. Just be the ones to drive them to dinner or the movie. and they have to double
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• um anon 55. STFU!

dont mind her. she clearly doesnt understand that when you tell a teenager NOT to do something they are more likely to do it behind your back. ...
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:57 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Let her
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I think that since you know him, she knows him well, I wouldn't see a problem with it. Obviously, supervise their time together. He may need her more now then he ever though he would with her mother being gone. Also, make sure that she doesn't take on too much responsibility. He will need someone to lean on, but shouldn't make her to take care of him, you know what I mean?
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:01 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• 13 and 15 is close in age, but its such a big difference too, i don't know that i would be ok with it. even knowing his parents and them knowing each other for so long. i think i'd want them to wait another year or two before they dated. i'd also wonder if he's only wants to date her b/c his mother died recently.
    but i also know if you tell her no she will sneak around and do it anyways, so i would make sure they are always supervised.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:30 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• They are both too young to date. Dating is for the selection of a marriage partner. Do you think either one of them is ready for marriage?
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:34 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• dont shelter her, i know from experience doing that, they eventually take a wild streak and do everything and anything that could possibly get them in trouble. if u trust her and stuff u should let her know. and u speak very highly of him so he cant be that bad. and nannyb. do u understand that dating is a big part in ur life? its not to find a mate wtf? if ur not allowed to date in highskool, ur considered a loser which isnt something a kid wants to be labeled as. id be fine with it. you trust that she has good judgement and trust that he was raised right so whats the problem? talk to ur dd about it. but dont make it a big deal. the more u shelter her, (and not to sound mean horrible morbid etc etc) the more reason to hate u as an ault. my mom hates my grandma for sheltering her. they barely speask and when they do they scream, my mom sheltered me from birth-12 and then i rebelled, got into drugs and drinking,
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 11:36 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• and hanging out with the wrong crowd, well, wound up pregnant, andhad to drop out (my parents forced me because they wont watch her so i can do school work) and i had to get a job. i think the only thing that sheltering does is give a parent a false sense of security and power when all it does is make the child miserable. really think about and then make ur decision.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I don't think the age difference is too big, but I do think 13 is too young for one-on-one dates. I'd be fine with them hanging out together at each other's houses or attending group activities together, but still a little young for actual dates.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:48 AM on Jun. 17, 2009