I want to have another baby soon, but DH doesn't.

Our baby is 3 months and at first I wanted to wait forever! But now I am thinking more and more of wanted to try for another one. I asked my husband when he wants to have another one and he says after he gets his student loans paid. He doesn't start making payments on them until after December and we owe about $40,000. That is FOREVER! How can I convince him to have another if I can convince him at all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'd say instead of getting him to try right, right now, try waiting till your baby is a little bit older, like 7 months. Or maybe bring it up as i'd like to have a baby brother or sister close to our lil ones age so they can grow up together and have someone to play with. Or wait and see how paying off his loan and raising one is doing to your finances and if you think you can afford two then see if he would be willing to try for a second.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 3:10 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• just entice him,lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• If he is not ready you can't make him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• they its they her feelings as well. A sibling is a great treasure maybe have him notice this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• He does realize that 40,000 in student loans can take 7-10 years to pay off right? I don't know about you, but waiting that long to have another child is crazy! It could be longer then that, cuz whos to say you won't hit rough patches financially along the way to debt free student loans. I think you husband knows that and basically told you in a not so obvious way that he just DON'T want anymore KIDS!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:07 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• He says he will be able to pay them off in two or three years, but I highly DOUBT that! My brother and I are twelve years apart and I don't want my son and his other siblings to be that far apart, too. My husband's siblings were even separated. His brother was five years older than him and his sister is sixteen years younger than him! I don't know if that ever bothered him like it did me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on Jun. 17, 2009