anyone have a 1943 silver penny?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Are those the old ones with wheat or whatever on them? I accidentally COIN STARed their butts. :(

hahaha Just kidding.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Don't double post your questions man! It takes up time and space! lol j/k
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:35 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• So I just went through all of my pennies and who knew, i have one!

Why is this question being asked...just curious.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• You do not? Really? I was reading about that just the other night.. and it's pure copper that's the rarest. There was only like 4 made I think. I went through all of mine when I read the article. I was like "Wouldn't that be nice" I do have the 1926 Silver Peace Dollar - DH wants to sell it - I said no.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:47 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• That's not silver, that is steel. It is a war penny. People were conserving coper for the ware effort and that year only, the pennies were steel.
    LeftBrainy

Answer by LeftBrainy at 5:22 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• What would it be worth today?

By the way, I have two wooden nickles that were printed in a town in NH when they celebrated the birth of their town or something like that way back in the 40's or 50's. I have them tucked away so I can't remember the date.
    I also have a silver quarter!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:23 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I don't they are silver..they are steel. I have a whole bunch of them, and not just from that year either. My father collected coins when he was kid, and when I was a very bored teenager, I got into coin collecting a little bit. I had no friends, can you tell?
    McGregor

Answer by McGregor at 9:59 AM on Jun. 17, 2009