For those in customer service jobs, or any job really....

I am trying to write a paper about what we can do to as customers/consumers to make other people's jobs easier. Particularly those in the customer service fields. And I was wondering if I could get some input;
What do you wish people would (or would not) do that would make your job a little easier? Please include your job title and/or place or business. Thanks so much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Turn the dad-gum money all the same direction please? LOL JK

My friend worked in retail (Target) and she always said - if people would just hand their unwanted items to the cashier, instead of just setting them on a random shelf somewhere, then their jobs would be so much easier.

Don't know if that helps at all.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:50 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I am a teller at a bank, and I know that dealing with people's money and finances is a very touchy subject indeed, but I wish that they would come in and realize that I do not make the rules and charge the fees to the accounts. I am there to help them ultimately, and that is what we strive to do. If someone's account is overdrawn, I certainly understand the frustration, helplessness and even sometimes the embarrassment that they feel, but please do not come in and be aggressive to the people that are there to help you. If anything, that just makes many of us feel less sympathy and we tend to stop listening after the fourth or fifth instance of being cussed at and telling us how horrible "we" are and how it's "our" fault....
    *wow...it felt really good to say that after 9 years of verbal abuse from some customers...and many more years to come. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• control their kids when they walk into a place of business so it doesn't resemble and sound like a 3 ring circus while they are there!!!!! SUPER ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Aprilsalcro are you drunk?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I wish customers would learn some common courtesy...when they come in acting like an f-ing ass I have no inclination to help them whatsoever and will not go above and beyond to make them happy. And when I tell them to have a nice day I hope that they realize the comment is dripping with sarcasm.

As for the cell phone comment....HELL YA!!!!!!!! I have had customers actually put their hand up and tell me to hold on a moments while other customers were still waiting in line to be helped...all because the inconsiderate pricks are on the phone. WTF?!?!?!?!?! I actually told someone they needed to step aside and go to the back of the line again because my time and the others waiting was just as valuable as theirs was...that did not go over well but I got my damn point across very blatantly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Sorry I already answered but i deleated and RE-answered cause I forgot to put in my place of employment.

I work in a lab at a hospital. For me as a Phlebotomist, it is SUPER annoying and rude to try and call a patient back only to find them on their cell phone. Then THEY get mad at YOU because you called someone else instead of waiting for them to get off. Ugh!
    I also fill in at the front desk registering patients sometimes, and its the same thing. You can't just be on your cell phone, walk up, say your name, and then walk away. We have questions to ask, which means you need to detach the phone from your ear.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:00 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• TAKE YOUR STUFF OUTTA THE BASKET!!! ohh i hate it when people come to my checkout and expect me to take their stuff outta the basket!! i haaaaaaaate that!! only exception to that is the elderly!! i have no problem helping the older people with that

GET OFF YOUR CELLPHONE!!!! sooo annoying when youre trying to ask them a question and they are completely ignoring you..or dont even acknowledge you exist

GET YOUR WALLET OUT BEFORE-HAND!! also annoying when your ringing their stuff thru, then they wait to the end to grab their wallet..and ohhh they cant find it..so you hafta wait and wait and wait..meanwhile the people behind them are getting frustrated and the lineups getting longer..uuuuuuuugh...lol

DONT WAIT TIL THE END TO TELL ME YOU HAVE YOUR OWN BAGS!! meanwhile ive already bagged everything!!!

TAKE EVERYTHING OUTTA THE BUGGY!! just cuz stuffs the same price doesnt mean it doesnt need to be scanned!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:00 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• i work as a cashier at a drugstore..im from canada tho, so its kinda like a walgreens..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:02 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Please don't blame me if your kid hit his head on the monkey bars during recess in a sea of children that are running and jumping and have tunnel vision. I love when I get a parent that comes in and after we explain that he/she was running and so was another innocent child and they ran into each other and they ask..."Who was watching them"? or the audacity to ask if the other child will get punished for accidently running into their child. Please don't expect the public school system to "pretend" that your child is the only one that matters. All of the 800 kids that attend there matter.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:02 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Oh my title is Campus Aide/Security (public school district) and I am PTA vice Pres. til next month! yay!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:09 AM on Jun. 17, 2009