anyone know any programs in the sav. ga. area that can help me get my hsd or a ged?

We are tight on money right now and everywhere I apply I need either a hsd or a ged, so does anyone know where I can go here in savannah ga. that may be free or not too expensive we are new to the area so I'm pretty clueless thanks for any help to steer me there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• Im not from that area, BUT.... my DH went to a community college to get his and it didnt cost much at all!!! Hope this helps at least a little! Good luck!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 3:19 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• they are free in my community. It's offered by the local college and by the Goodwill here. Call your school board and ask them where you can go for free. Many of the libraries have the books so you wouldn't have to buy one.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:23 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• Congrtulations to you for wanting to continue on with your education!

Most community colleges offer GED classes for free, or close to it; some high schools also offer GED classes. The community college is also the best place to start your college education, so be sure to make an appointment with an admissions counselor.

You should be able to find the study materials at your local library; reading a newspaper everday (also found at the library) will be very helpful.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:29 AM on Jun. 17, 2009