Does anyone purchase Melaluca products?

I'm thinking about becoming a member, but I would like to hear some feedback from other Mommies first. Any information would be helpful. Thank you.

mommy2joeynabby

Asked by mommy2joeynabby at 3:59 AM on Jun. 17, 2009 in Shopping

• I think that Melaluca's original target market has changed in many ways: more likely to make some or all of their own cleaning products; prefer to not have the extra shipping, which is expensive and has an environmental cost; are unwilling to bring any products into their homes without knowing exactly what is in them.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:04 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I own a few products, the sol u mel and the tile and something cleaner. I'm pretty impressed by them, they do clean very well. However, their products are expensive in my opinion and plus the shipping costs. So I cancelled my membership with them and have gone back to store brands that are also environmental friendly w/out the shipping costs and I can use coupons.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 7:28 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I used their products for a few years with the thought that I would make money, develop a team, etc...but I was still working full time and never did it. I still have some of their products in the house. I love the sol-u-mel and antibacterial kitchen cleaner, natural soaps and laundry detergent... but not enough to order every month...it just got to be too much. I now buy the environmentally friendly products found at Target, the grocery store, etc...cheaper and easier for me.
    romanojm

Answer by romanojm at 7:41 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I used their cleaner, but it smelled funny and gave me really bad allergy fits! Their makeup products aren't bad, but not very effective either. Their cookies are ok, too. All in all , I'd say you can get the same quality or better at your local Target for less.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 8:27 AM on Jun. 17, 2009

• I was with Mellaleuca for about 7 months. (on the mom team)... I was required to buy about $60 worth of product a month at the time ( I think that has dropped since) but I was allergic to everything I tried. IT was very expensive in comparison to what I can get at Family Dollar and wasn't any greener than Clorox Green Products are. So, no I don't recommend them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:09 PM on Jun. 18, 2009

• I have been with them 3 years and completely converted my home. I SAVE money because the products are concentrated and work better. I you use them as directed you should have no allergy problems, but if you don't read the directions you could be overusing the amount and I can see why you may have allergy problems. Melaleuca is a great company, I have earned over $22,000 helping others work from home part-time, any questions just message me and I would be glad to help!
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 11:49 AM on Jun. 24, 2009